Mod to present at Interactive Media Symposium
This industry-focused mini-symposium brings together professionals, researchers and educators who design interactive media experiences, and provides an opportunity to take stock of the impending explosion in this field, where every surface becomes an interactive screen and every object can see you coming.
The event aims to assist companies, public organisations, labs, artists and others to consider how they will position themselves for the coming tsunami of change arising from new computing technologies, the internet of things, augmented and virtual reality and robotics. Consideration will be given to timely questions including
- how designing, producing and programming interact in the creation of successful media
- how people are working creatively with media technologies that offer increasing capacities for dynamic interaction in everyday contexts
- how these changes are transforming everyday life
- how the creative ecosystem is evolving and innovating, and
- how Sydney and Australia are placed to lead this revolution
Mod will be sharing the stage with leaders from Google Creative Labs, Code on Canvas, Ramus Illumination, City of Sydney, and dLux Media Arts. It promises to be a dynamic and stimulating afternoon.
Tickets are free but as places are limited registration is required.